Wednesday Catch-Up

Is it really only Wednesday?

My schedule has been blown to hell and back, and it's so early in the morning that I'm not sure what will happen today.

We still don't have water. Septic was delayed by a funeral and will, in theory, happen this morning. Power has been a nightmare of different people giving me different schedules. One truck full of foundation dirt arrived Monday night without warning. The other two showed up Tuesday morning during breakfast. No one has yet come to turn the big red piles of Alabama clay into a foundation.


And the house is supposed to arrive at some point today.

If the house arrives while the septic is being put in, a stand-off is going to happen because the septic guys won't be able to get their equipment back out from behind the house. If the house arrives before whomever is setting our foundation does his job there will be nowhere to put it. Supposedly, all the people that are doing these jobs work together pretty consistently. Supposedly, when I get off work, it will all be done and ready for final assembly (power, cable, water, etc). All I can say for certain is that I'm really glad John bought a bottle of Jack Daniels on the way home yesterday.

I'll update you tonight when I get home.

No comments:

Post a Comment