The Cloudy Day Game Plan

It's been raining. Sometimes it feels like it's always raining. I'm sure the farmers disagree with me -- you can hear them down at the market grumbling amongst themselves about drought. But summertime in Alabama often feels like monsoon season, especially when you have weather-sensitive timelines falling apart.

This week, however, Mother Nature has decided to bestow a few "partly cloudy" days in a row on our little plot of land. Finally, we have a game plan.

Monday or Tuesday: Septic, Water & Foundation
Wednesday and Thursday: House Installation
Friday: Cable, Possibly Power

We're having issues with the power. I was told two weeks ago that when I had a delivery date I could call and 3-4 business days after my call they would have my pole, meter, and transformer installed. Today, after I'd paid them more than $300, they informed me that I needed to call back the day the house was delivered. From that point it would be 3 - 5 business days, "But probably next Wednesday."

I may have lost it a little at that point. I called the engineer I originally spoke to and did what Southern women do best: Raised hell as politely as I could. It's bad enough that every single electrician I call won't even give me a job estimate until everything is in place. We can't move in until the whole set up is inspected, and the inspector can't come out until the job is done. Hopefully my hissy fit will get us power on Friday. Of course, that's when the rain is supposed to start back. Cross your fingers for us!

No comments:

Post a Comment