Hospitals and Hospitality

We're all a little preoccupied at the moment, so there may be no new updates for a few days. John's in pre-op now for carpal tunnel surgery. It's outpatient, but the healing time puts the kibosh on any two-person projects for a while.

Also, our very first niece was born last night. Seven pounds, nineteen inches! It's very exciting. Though I have been informed that she has been given tons of Disney Princess stuff already. :-P

And finally, my "older sister" is staying with us for a few nights. She just got back from two weeks in Thailand with our aunt and uncle and their family. I'm sure we'll have tons of catching up to do once she recovers from jet lag.

Tiny, less exciting updates about the house include: The skirting has been put on, but it's the wrong color. I had specifically requested dark brown or black, but I came home to blinding white. Luckily I plan to plant fast growing bushes around the perimeter. And if I get really sick of it, there's a paint for that. There's also a few interior problems with the house that they're going to have to come out and fix (like the fact that the bathroom door won't latch), but for the most part it's live-in ready. We did discover that the washing machine no longer works after its stint in the barn, so we're having to cart clothes back and forth to my parents' house. Now comes the decision about whether to buy a new one or pay to have it fixed.

All in all, it has been and is going to continue being a busy week. I'll update when I have something more substantial -- preferrably with pictures.

No comments:

Post a Comment